Thursday, August 7, 2008

Called Out

The Lord said to Abram: Go out from your land, your relatives,and your father’s house to the land that I will show you.2 I will make you into a great nation,I will bless you,I will make your name great,and you will be a blessing

Gen 12:1-2 (HCSB)

There are times in every persons life when God will call us out. Like Abram (later to be Abraham) it will require us to leave the security of what we know to the insecurity of the uncertain.

God called Abram to a new land. A new work, ministry, culture and responsibility. Abram may have felt very secure and happy where he was but God wanted to use him somewhere else, in a new way.

With a calling also comes a promise. I will be with you. I will work through you. I will bless you. It will be worthwhile. With calling comes purpose and promises.

How about you today? Are you listening closely enough to the Lord to hear Him call you? When He calls He will make a way. He will provide a new and clear purpose. He will make some promises. Just listen. Make sure the call is clear. Don't make assumptions about His purpose or even His promises. Just listen. You may begin today a journey that will change you, your family and your life. It can be a great adventure!

No comments: