Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Simple

But when Jesus saw this, He was indignant and said to them, "Permit the children to come to Me; do not hinder them; for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15 "Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all." 16 And He took them in His arms and began blessing them, laying His hands on them.

Mark 10:14-16 (NASB95)

Come to God like a little child! What most of us lack and need in our lives is simplicity. We have complicated life too much. We have scheduled ourselves out of joyous living.

I read this passage this morning for my personal time with the Lord and as I was reading I looked down to see my one year old playing on the floor. She was enjoying the simple pleasures of rolling on a very soft blanket, walking around the living room and kitchen "exploring" and giggling because she heard me laughing at her.

Wow! What we can learn from a one year old!



No comments: