Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Run the Race

Do you not know that the runners in a stadium all race, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. 25 Now everyone who competes exercises self-control in everything. However, they do it to receive a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one.

1 Cor 9:24-25 (HCSB)

How are you running the race? Are you serious about the race set before you? The words of Dr. Blackaby challenged me about many areas of my life.

Are you striving to bring your body into subjection for the glory of God? Are you training your mind to think the thoughts of God rather than thoughts of the world? Are you disciplining your life in prayer? When others are sleeping, are you interceding? Have you studied God's word so diligently that you are prepared to find answers to the challenges you face? Have you equipped yourself in evangelism so that you are ready to share your faith? Have you prepared yourself as a Christian in order to qualify for the imperishable crown that awaits you?
(Henry & Richard Blackaby —Experiencing God Day by Day. July 7, Pg. 189)

I want to run the race in such a way as to win. To give my all to my savior and Lord. I want to be serious about being a Christ follower and not someone who goes to church and does some Christian duties. I want to be completely and whole heartedly sold out for Him.

No comments: