Monday, July 7, 2008

A Life that Impresses God

Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job? No one else on earth is like him, a man of perfect integrity, who fears God and turns away from evil.

Job 2:3 (HCSB)

Have you ever asked yourself the question, "What kind of life impresses God?" Maybe to put it differently, what kind of life gets God's attention. Job apparently did. His life was so consistently on target that God knew he would be praiseworthy even in the midst of Satan's trials. Look at the description give:

  • Perfect integrity
  • Fears (reverence & awe) God
  • Turns away from evil
I don't know about you but I want my life to have that kind of consistency and testimony. I want to commit my life to being pleasing to God. After all if there is anyone you want to impress I would think it would be God.

No comments: