Sunday, September 14, 2008

Patient Waiting

I waited patiently for the Lord, and He turned to me and heard my cry for help.2 He brought me up from a desolate pit,out of the muddy clay,and set my feet on a rock,making my steps secure.3 He put a new song in my mouth,a hymn of praise to our God.Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord.

Psalms 40:1-3 (HCSB)

I don't like to wait. Most of us do not. We have trouble with patient waiting but if we do God can do some wonderful things for us. His timing is always perfect. We may not like it but He knows what we need, how we need it and WHEN we need it. He hears our cry for help.

Look what happens! He pulls us from our desolate pit. He sets us on a solid rock and gives us steady steps. He puts a new song in our mouth and because of us others will see, fear and put their trust in the Lord. I don't know about you but when I am facing difficulty and crying out to the Lord it is not only difficult to remain patient but to see the other wonderful things He will do through my distress.

So if you are facing some difficulty today try to be patient and try to see beyond your immediate issue to the new direction He will set for you, the new song He will give you and the many lives you may touch as they watch you go from pit dwelling to rock climbing!

No comments: