Thursday, December 17, 2009

Just One

 "What do you think? If any man has a hundred sheep, and one of them has gone astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine on the mountains and go and search for the one that is straying? 13 "If it turns out that he finds it, truly I say to you, he rejoices over it more than over the ninety-nine which have not gone astray. 14 "So it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones perish.
Matt 18:12-14 (NASB95)

 Have you ever heard anyone say, "if you were the only one Jesus still would have come to die on the cross for you?"  Isn't that an awesome statement?  And it is so true.  The parable that Jesus teaches here in Matthew 18 tells us it is.  Aren't you glad we follow that kind of God.

I'm glad my God is a God who values one.  I am important to Him.  All by myself He is willing to give all.  Just for me   And even more He searches for those who need to be found.  God is not trying to get us or trick us He wants us to experience Him.  He and all of heaven rejoice when a lost one is found and comes home. 

What a great loving God we serve!

No comments: