Friday, December 11, 2009

Godly Confidence

 "As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives,
And at the last He will take His stand on the earth . 26 "Even after my skin is destroyed,
Yet from my flesh I shall see God; 27 Whom I myself shall behold,
And whom my eyes will see and not another.
My heart faints within me!

Job 19:25-27 (NASB95)

Confidence is an important character trait.  But confidence in the wrong place will bring disappointment and even calamity.  Job was confident not in himself, or his friends but in God.  Where should our confidence reside?  Not in ourselves or in others because in our humanity we will always disappoint.  God is never disappointing.  Our confidence is in him because we know He lives.  We know that eternal life is our promise no matter what may happen to us here.  That is something to be confident in.

No comments: