Thursday, April 30, 2009

Run and Hide

I said, “If only I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and find rest.
7 How far away I would flee; I would stay in the wilderness.
8 I would hurry to my shelter
from the raging wind and the storm.”

Psalms 55:6-8 (HCSB)

Have you ever felt like the psalmist here in Psalm 55? I have. Difficulties and dangers at every turn. It seems the whole world is against me. During these times we are disappointed, disgusted, depressed and overwhelmed. I just want to run away and hide.

The psalmist says he would hurry to his shelter. What is his shelter? It can be the same as ours. God Himself! He is our refuge and place of peace and quiet. He is the shelter from the raging storms of life. So if you need a reminder today, here it is. Run into the arms, into the shelter of God our savior and rest, relax and trust His protection.

No comments: