Tuesday, March 24, 2009







When Israel was a child, I loved him,
and out of Egypt I called My son. 2 [The more] they called them, [the more] they departed from Me. They kept sacrificing to the Baals and burning offerings to idols. 3 It was I who taught Ephraim to walk, taking them in My arms, but they never knew that I healed them. 4 I led them with human cords, with ropes of kindness. To them I was like one who eases the yoke from their jaws; I bent down to give them food.

Hosea 11:1-4 (HCSB)

I love my family. My wife and children are all precious to me. My children each have a special, unique and important place in my heart and life. It is an unexplainable feeling when I look at my children. My 15 year old, Hannah I see in a very special way different from Elizabeth who is our 10 month old baby. Philip who is 13 and Lainey who is 11 also have a special and unique place in my heart. Each is unique and I treasure for different reasons but their is a passion and a compassion that I have for each one. Sometimes my heart bleeds for them when I see them struggle or in pain. At other times I rejoicein their uniqueness. And make no mistake about it I would die for them or kill to protect them.

Now if you too are a parent those thoughts and feelings probably do not surprise you. But perhaps this passage of Scripture does. God has that kind of passion and compassion for His people. In this passage He is expressing His love and burden for His children Isreal. He feels the same way about us. His heart bleeds to see us in pain and difficulty. It causes Him great pain when He seees us falling away from Him and going in directions that He knows will cause us pain and grief.

Oh how our Father loves us. And make no mistake about it He had died for you and He will protect you with all His power. No one can takes us from Him. Never!

No comments: