Thursday, March 19, 2009

No Comparison

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is going to be revealed to us.

Romans 8:18 (HCSB)

As the Apostle Paul writes to the Romans He does not tell them that they will not suffer. Suffering is part of living the Christ Followers life. Pain and suffering is to be expected. Paul's words encourage us however, not to give up because the suffering today can not compare with the glory we will see later.

I think of it like this: I had often heard about the wonders of Niagara falls. But when I visited the falls I realized that words could not do justice to the majesty, power and wonder of standing at the falls themselves. The glory that we will behold when we stand in the presence of Jesus Himself can hardly be described in Human words. The suffering of this present life will not compare.

Be encouraged there are better things ahead!


No comments: