Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Goal worth the Struggle

I pursue as my goal the prize promised by God’s heavenly call in Christ Jesus.

Phil 3:14 (HCSB)

The apostle Paul says that he will pursue or press on (NASB) towards that goal. What does that say to you? It says to me and has proven itself out in my life that its not an easy goal. It is a challenge. It can be difficult. There will be obstacles. But it is well worth the struggle. You know the Apostle was a great leader, a faithful Christ follower and he still struggled towards that goal. That is encouraging to me because if Paul struggled toward the goal I should not be discouraged because I am.

Now what is the goal? The context of the verses surrounding this verse tells us. It is to mature and grow spiritually to be like Jesus. Is it worth it? Is it important? Is it our calling? Paul thinks so and we should too. In fact the following verses Paul tells us those who are maturing will think the same way.

Just remember when the struggle get tough it is a goal worth the struggle.

No comments: