Friday, October 17, 2008

Fellowship: connect with God

Listen! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and have dinner with him, and he with Me.

Rev 3:20 (HCSB)

I am glad you are reading today. Hopefully it means that you have committed yourself at least for this moment to fellowship with Jesus. That's exactly what He wants. I don't understand why and it may perplex your mind as well. Why would God want to fellowship with me? I don't know but it is clear from Scripture that He does. Jesus tells us in Revelation, "I am knocking so that I can come and fellowship with you."

Jesus is talking here to Christ followers specifically. He is knocking and calling so that He can sit at a spiritual dinner with us. Are we ready and willing to sit and dine with Him? How much time are we willing to commit to Him? Where on our priority list does spiritually dining with Jesus fit in?

No comments: