Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Distracted

 
Now as they were traveling along, He entered a village; and a woman named Martha welcomed Him into her home. She had a sister called Mary, who was seated at the Lord's feet, listening to His word. But Martha was distracted with all her preparations; and she came up to Him and said, "Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to do all the serving alone? Then tell her to help me." But the Lord answered and said to her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things; but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her."
Luke 10:38-42 (NASB)

Are you ever distracted?  There are days it seems like it is a way of life.  There are so many good things to do as a Christ follower.  There are always demands on us from life in general.  I find that for many of us we fall into the Martha trap.  We get busy doing good things for Jesus that we fail to just spend time with Jesus.  I was reminded this morning in my own devotional time that Jesus is more interested in my relationship with Him than what I am intent on doing for Him.
Let our prayer be today that we make our relationship with Him first and everything else get prioritized behind Him.  After all we are His followers and He is our Lord!

No comments: