Wednesday, October 1, 2014

God Knows

I will gather all the nations and take them to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. I will enter into judgment with them there because of My people, My inheritance Israel. The nations have scattered the Israelites in foreign countries and divided up My land.
They cast lots for My people; they bartered a boy for a prostitute and sold a girl for wine to drink.

Joel 3:2-3 (HCSB) 

Most of the time when we draw our attention to Scripture like this one from Joel, our focus is often on the end times.  This passage does refer to things that are to come.  But what caught my attention as I read was this simple truth.  God sees the minor details in my life in the midst of major things going on.  We face persecution, pain and trials at the hands of evil people.  Being a Christ Follower does not make us exempt from such things.  In fact if anything it escalates the persecution we experience.  But look at this and notice that God knew all the minor details of the abuse.  He knew a boy was bartered for a prostitute.  He knew that a girl was devalued for a little wine.

When you face the hard knocks of trials and persecutions just remember that God sees not just the big picture, but also the little things that we might think goes unnoticed.  Remember you are His child and part of His bride.  He knows all that you are going through and all that has been done to you.  Remember also that God will punish those for their abuses to His people.  He is as much a God of judgement as He is a God of Love.  He gives grace and Justice.

No comments: