Monday, August 1, 2011

He alone!

Rest in God alone, my soul, for my hope comes from Him. 6 He alone is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I will not be shaken. 7 My salvation and glory depend on God; my strong rock, my refuge, is in God. 8 Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts before Him. God is our refuge.
Psalms 62:5-8 (HCSB)

There is a truth that every person must remember.  At some point others are going to let us down.  Every pastor, spouse, teacher, friend, coworker or child will let you down.  That is everyone but God.  God never lets us down.  Therefore, the psalmist can write "rest in God alone".  "He alone is my rock."  My salvation and glory depend on God."  Trust in Him at all times."

While others let you down God deserves your trust.  He is a refuge that never fails.  As you go through this week trust Him, rely on Him and rest in Him.  You will not be disappointed!

No comments: