Friday, May 28, 2010

Integrity

Vindicate me, O LORD, for I have walked in my integrity,
And I have trusted in the LORD without wavering.
2 Examine me, O LORD, and try me;
Test my mind and my heart.
Psalms 26:1-2 (NASB95)

David proclaims that he has walked in integrity.  That is an important claim.  We should walk in integrity.  That should be a desire of ours to live that kind of life.  However David doesn't just make the claim.  He takes another step.

He asks God to examine and try him, to look at his mind and his heart.  It is one thing to claim we have integrity it is another to ask God to test us, to examine us to validate our integrity to be real.  As Christ followers we need to to frequently do just that.  Ask God to examine, try and test us and help us to see where we are lacking.

We will have and maintain true integrity when we take time to be examined by our Lord and to repent when we see what is lacking in our life.

No comments: