Friday, September 4, 2009

Gripe or Grapple?

So I said to them, “You see the trouble we are in. Jerusalem lies in ruins and its gates have been burned down. Come, let’s rebuild Jerusalem’s wall, so that we will no longer be a disgrace.” 18 I told them how the gracious hand of my God had been on me, and what the king had said to me.They said, “Let’s start rebuilding,” and they were encouraged to [do] this good work.

Neh 2:17-18 (HCSB)

When you are faced with a challenge do you gripe or do you grapple? Nehemiah could have griped, complained or belly ached. But he didn't! He stated the fact, "we are in trouble here" and then decided to follow God in doing something about it.

When facing difficult situations we always have a choice. We can gripe or we can grapple with the problem and solve it. Now we are not talking about finding our own solution, but seeking God's plan and going to work.

Christ follower, are you griping or grappling?

No comments: