Friday, July 10, 2009

Predestined

I chose you before I formed you in the womb; I set you apart before you were born. I appointed you a prophet to the nations.

Jer 1:5 (HCSB)

God is not a spur of the moment God. His direction for us are not on a whim. I am amazed as a pastor when I hear people say wow that message spoke to exactly what is happening in my life. I am wowed when I see how appropriate a sermon can be to someones situation. Now the amazing thing is that while some may think I am "preaching at them" the truth is that I plan my sermons out 6 months to a year ahead of the sermon date. God is truly an amazing God.

Now how does that all apply to you and me right now? Well God has called you. He has appointed you. He has a specific plan for you that He has "predestined" (don't get stuck on this word!) for you. Remember He is not a spur of the moment God. He is more than a sermon planning God. He is a God who has a plan for you as His follower in His Kingdom to impact His world. Jeremiah speaks of this and is wowed! Before you were formed in your mother's womb God knew you. He appointed you. He had a plan and purpose for you.

There are days we might loose sight of this but be reminded. What God is calling you too is not a whim but a predestined plan for your purpose and His glory. Serve Him today with all your heart!

No comments: