Friday, February 20, 2009

Worship Together

I will enter Your house with burnt offerings;I will pay You my vows14 that my lips promised and my mouth spoke during my distress.15 I will offer You fattened sheep as burnt offerings,with the fragrant smoke of rams; I will sacrifice oxen with goats.

Psalms 66:13-15 (HCSB)

As a Pastor people expect me to say that coming to worship together is very important. In fact some may think that a statement of such would be self-serving and seeking to elevate my importance. So let me take the "preacher" hat off for a moment and lets go back to God's Word as fellow Christ Followers.

The Psalmist says I will enter your house to worship. Why is that so important to him? Because He recognizes all the great and wonderful things God has done for Him and it brings Him to a place where worship is not an option to do but a necessity. When we realize all that God has done and how great He is the natural response should be to worship. And not to merely worship on our own but to proclaim to others, believers and non-believers how great God is.

Even if I were not "employed" to be in worship, I would have to be there. My heart, my conscience, my Spirit demands that I worship my great and awesome God. Let me encourage you, don't skip the opportunity to worship together with other Christ Followers this week!

No comments: